Acoustical Systems The APOLYT limited edition Turntable will be produced in certificated limited edition of 22 units only. This is company endeavor to go beyond "Reference", "State of the Art" or "High End" and explore the possibility of one true transcription turntable - for the very few true audiophiles, with a price tag of approx. €280,000.
“For those very few serious and curious enough to explore what’s really in the groove…
Imagine ..... the turntable's design based on asking the right questions first - and its construction truely based on drawing the right conclusions.
Imagine ..... a turntable designed purely and firmly on the basis of the clearly defined physical and technical requests of the complete model of the record tracking process.
Imagine ..... a most consequent design. A design where the required form stricly follows the desired function - not economical nor marketing requirements.
Imagine ….. a full bi-radial aero-static true air-bearing. A true 3D-airbearing originally designed for multi-million euro automatic placement machines.
Now for the 1st time implemented in an analog turntable.
Imagine ….. a rotating 110 lbs compound platter. A compound platter made of Delrin, 3 specific alloys, V2a stainless steel and HD18 Tungsten.
Imagine …… a platter with definite energy transfer, internal liquid dampening and a full non-reflective inner architecture.
Imagine …… a platter where the center of mass is exactly in the horizontal bearing axis. Resulting in a perfect resting mass concept of unparalleled stability.
Imagine …… that platter to feature an inertia 38x the inertia of the largest and most expensive turntables in history.
Imagine …… symmetrical double belt and symmetrical double idler-drive both incorporated in one turntable – selectable at your service and disengaging on the press of a button.
Imagine …… the motors driven by pure DC-power.
Imagine …… an unique custom designed air-suspension system. Based on optical table designs, but featuring a most advanced air-spring-capacitor-induction suspension system with a resulting resonance frequency below 0.5 Hz.
Isolating your analog front end from any parasitic vibrations like no other device.
Imagine ……. an unique all-new designed bell-shape down-force-mechanism for the LP. Creating an unique energy-transfer-optimized contact between record and platter.
Imagine ……. a resulting natural dynamic energy transfer that finally puts a real meaning and content to the so often abused phrase of “finite element analysis”.
Imagine ……. a tonearm base to follow the very same principle of energy transfer and the very same complex compound architecture as the turntable’s platter.
A tonearm base more complex and sophisticated in design than most turntables.
Imagine …… up to 4 of these tonearm bases mounted simultaneously on one turntable. Giving the user maximum flexibility and choice of tonearm/cartridge combinations.
Imagine ..... this turntable not being designed and manufactured to serve as a product. But as the most serious attempt to explore to the very last the possibilities of the medium.
Imagine …… all these efforts and expenses in research, design and manufacturing only done for one single purpose:
to let the encoded music in the groove of your records
shine to its full potential - for the first time ever!
Imagine …… a sound and a “sonic picture” so free of any “veils”, so pure in its unheard dynamics and supreme authority, so absent of any grain, so real in it’s physical presence, so life-like ……
Imagine …… true consequence - taken seriously beyond comparison, beyond competition, beyond commercial aspect.
Imagine ..... a turntable going beyond ..... far beyond .....
- platter weight: 58 kg
- chassis weight: 188 kg
- 4 motors - motors weight 26 kg
- powersupply weight: 38 kg
- net weight: 388 kg
- shipping weight: 580 kg (delivery in 8 flight cases)
- dimensions (w x d x h): 108 cm x 69 cm x 128 cm
- wow & flutter: below 0.01% (W.R.M.S)
- speed: 33 1/3 rpm and 45 rpm - all speeds w/ precise adjustment option
- operation voltage: DC-operation and selectable 100 / 120 / 220 / 230 / 240 V - 50/60 Hz
- drive: belt drive, custom aramide belt AND symmetrical idler-drive
- power consumption in operation: 0 W, in re-charge logic mode: 120 Watt
- user choice / selectable: 1, 2, 3 or 4 arm bases
- user adjustable - build-in - air flow and air pressure for optional air-bearing tonearm
- user adjustable tuning resonance frequency
- automatic levelling
- optional 2 shelves incorporated for phono stage / line stage - full isolated within the air spring frame.
- platter based on bi-radial, full aero-static, air-bearing - vertical and horizontal.
- complete plinth and optional integrated rack suspended on true air-spring-induction-field suspension with resonance frequency below 0.5 Hz.
- speed quartz controlled and user adjustable +/- 5%.
- double belt drive AND double idler-drive - user selectable and engaging/disengaging on push button.
- center of moving mass resting in bearing plane.
- platter inertia 38x of Micro Seiki SX-8000 platter.
- compound platter featuring definite energy transfer and internal liquid dampening.
- center of platter mass identical with plane of bearing/rotation = perfect resting mass principle.
- compound arm bases with identical energy transfer concept as platter.
- super fast exchange of arm boards.
- no possible build-up of static energy during play.
- both double motor-drives powered by custom amplifier and pure DC-power supply.
(battery sourced with automatic recharging and automatic redundant AC-power supply)
- optional additional speeds: 16 2/3 rpm and 78 rpm
- optional wooden or smoked glass side panels - detachable
- optional rack front cover choice of prime wood veneer or smoked glass
- acrylic dust cover
- optional 24kt plating or polished chrome finish on selected parts (frame, dome caps)
Certificated limited edition of 22 units.