Turntable of excellence "GINGA” was target set to the highest analogue sound quality and consumed the longest development period.
Base unit is made of 6 types of materials, selected after long time of auditions. They are aluminium, stainless steel, brass, gunmetal, copper and acrylic. The platter is designed with in a tapered shape. Tuning screws are made by copper to overcome "bell vibration". In addition, a piece of glass mat is added on top massive aluminum material to soften metallic sound.
Center pole is φ25, super hard bearing are used to support the large-sized spindle rotor. Moreover, operation of the platter become more stable with raising height. The center pole and the spindle rotor are 1 set. High precision alignment process is applied. Contacts between ball bearing is filled with the special oil for durable and stable operation.
Large 4 pole synchronous motor is used for best sound quality. Low-noise and low vibration are achieved by double-floating structure.
Motor is driven by an ideal power supply. CR oscillating circuit is composed of SIN, COS wave generators with dual channels high power low distortion amplifier. Therefore, phase advance capacitor became unnecessary. Moreover, voltage control of the main coil and subcoil are fully independent making oscillation to be minimal. By using tension pulley, long time and stable operation are possible with adequate string tension.
A knotless cotton string, a spacer ring
The knot of a string is the most popular and traditional problem of a thread drive system. In GINGA, we use a knotless cotton string to realize smooth and vibration-free rotation. The curvature of a disk can be rectified by using a spacer ring and a stabilizer. (effect may various for a heavy weight class disk or the disk with severe curvature.)
- Base unit is made of 6 key materials including gun metal, brass etc. for best sonic resonance.
- Platter is driven by a knotless string to realize smooth and vibration-free rotation. Ultra precision bearing in φ25mm with large-sized spindle rotor
- Long-term and stable operation ensured by using special oil
- Best motor driving circuit composed of SIN, COS wave generators with dual channels high power low distortion amplifier
- Large 4 pole synchronous motor (double floating structure) is used
- Spacer ring and stabilizer are applied to improved slightly warped vinyl
- Adequate string tension is maintained by using tension pulley
- A multi-elements base and a heavy weight platter