Sim Audio is joining the ultra high end audio upper echelon with their new Sim Audio Moon 888 State of the Art extreme 120k power amplifiers...
Every decade or two an idea borne from beyond the confines of our economic reality comes into being. A team of dedicated and passionate professionals assemble with one singular goal in mind: to design and bring to the world a new superlative level of musical reproduction. It is a forward leap redefining what is possible.
The ineffable clarity unleashes musical detail that was, up until now, considered unattainable. The MOON 888 can “track” the musical signal so accurately that it simply does not impart any character of its own. For the first time the awesome dynamics of real live music are possible in the playback chain.
The 888 is State-of-the-Art taken to the extreme.
Signi cant Design Features
• Massive single-piece cast aluminum heat sinks are manufactured using the same processes as high-performance racing engines.
• The heat sinks can dissipate energy far better than typical designs.
Further CNC machining assures a t & nish within 1/1,000”.
• Audio circuitry is integrated within the complex monolithic heat-
sink thereby dampening vibration down to the vanishing point.
• The transistors’ output section boasts a prodigious 8kW total rating,
assuring the ampli er will always operates far below its capacity. • Over 350,000μF of power supply energy storage and massive
transformers for extreme power delivery.
• State-of-the-Art componentry in all areas.
• All-aluminum chassis with cast and machined components assures
exceptional heat dissipation and thermal e ciency.
Output Power at 8Ω: 888W (1.2HP)
Output Power at 4Ω: 1776W (2.4HP)
Input Sensitivity: 2.4V RMS
Input Impedance: 24KΩ
Signal-to-noise Ratio: 120dB @ full power
Frequency response (full range): 10Hz - 200kHz +0/-3.0dB
THD (20Hz - 20kHz @ full power): 0.04%
Intermodulation distortion: 0.006%
Shipping weight: 300 lbs / 136 kgs
Dimensions (width x height x depth): 55.9 x 35.6 x 68.6 cm - 22 x 14 x 27 in.