MoFi Distribution proudly introduces the new MoFi Electronics MasterPhono preamplifier, a reference grade, highly configurable phono stage. Created by vinyl lovers for those who want to accurately reveal and experience the true music embedded deep in the groves of their vinyl LP collection.
The all-analog, fully discrete Masterphono was designed by Peter Madnick, a highly esteemed audio engineer with a long and stellar track record in the high-performance audio industry. Featuring a dual chassis design housed in a single enclosure, the MasterPhono can effortlessly accommodate any Moving Magnet (MM) or Moving Coil (MC) cartridge in today’s marketplace, even ultra-low impedance MC’s thanks to a “current input”. Furthering the stature of this exceptional device are separate inputs, both balanced and single-ended outputs, and a plethora of user-configurable settings, all accessible via the front panel. The multi-function meters exude MasterPhono’s true analog nature. Finally, a USB input allows for new features and software updates as they become available.
“The MasterPhono exhibits remarkable clarity and smoothness that feels master-tape-like!”
The goal for the MasterPhono was simple; reproduce music that equals the sonic integrity achieved by the world-renowned MFSL vinyl reissues. This required in excess of a full year of R&D and prototyping. At the recent 2023 AXPONA, a MasterPhono was actively demonstrated to rave acclaim with everyone in agreement about its absolute musicality and dead quiet black background. Countless attendees were fascinated by both its feature set and build quality. In essence, this had been high on the company’s wishlist since the inception of MoFi Electronics nearly a decade ago. To quote designer Peter Madnick, “I am pretty sure you will agree that it is a remarkable product which can give you a new sense of what a good piece of vinyl actually contains, but has been hidden from you until now. Yes, it’s that good!”
MoFi Electronics MasterPhono Significant Design Features:
- Both standard signal input (“Voltage Input”) via RCA & XLR and “Current input” for use with low source-impedance phono cartridges, via RCA or XLR, utilizing “Trans-impedance dynamic loading”.
- Dual-chassis construction that isolates power supply and audio circuits, featuring a separately isolated chassis and signal grounding post for the lowest overall system noise.
- 4 switchable gain settings of 40db, 50db, 60db and 70db.
- 10 switchable impedance loading adjustments, including a “Custom” via RCA plug on rear panel.
- Fully discrete circuitry from input to output including fully balanced, DC coupled and servo controlled circuit from the high pass filter to the output jacks.
- Passive RIAA exclusively using stringent parts selection; NOS polystyrene and polypropylene film/foil capacitors with better than 1% precision, as well as all critical resistors with tolerances 0.1% or 0.5% for precise filtering and voltages.
- Cascaded voltage regulation stages to help achieve the lowest possible noise floor.
- Remote control operation for input selection, gain adjustment, mute, mono operation, meter operation and subsonic filter.
- Left and Right meters for output monitoring and calibration purposes.
- Extreme RIAA accuracy of ±0.05db and frequency response of 10Hz–50KHz ±0.20db.
- Maximum S/N Ratio (A-weighted) of 93dB for MM cartridges and 85dB for MC artridges
- Dimensions (w x h x d): 17 x 3.5 x 15.75” / 43.2 x 8.9 x 40 cm; Weight: 15 lbs. / 6.8 Kg.