The Pro-Jects tonearm philosophy normally uses stiff, one piece, mid to light weight designs with Cardan pin point bearing. This tonearms perform best with all MM cartridges and MC cartridges with middle compliance. They are responsible for our famous lively, fast and dynamic sound even in lower price ranges. A unique counterweight construction allows you to balance cartridges from 5 up to 25 grams (excluding headshell) depending on weight of chosen headshell. (up to 37 grams with „Alu“, up to 39 grams with „Carbon“, up to 41 grams with „Wood“) So this is also an ideal tonearm for direct mounting of SPU cartridges!
However the Highend analogue market has moved to a more classic design and usage of relatively heavy cartridges with low compliance and low resonance frequency, which allows big sound on big systems: Such cartridges need an heavier arm with more internal damping. Additional many customers today want to use different cartridges with different sound type depending on the music style. For this you need a detachable headshell to ensure easy and quick change.
We use different alloys of metal and aluminium, all worked out on a highest precision CNC machine with diamond cutters. The classic S shaped tonearm tube is made from special aluminium with highest internal damping. To keep the speed of the Pro-Ject sound we use a special oil damped UNI pivot design. Most common S shape arms use ball race bearing with much higher friction, which tends to sound slow in an arm with high effective mass. To make the installation of different cartridges even easier, you can adjust overhang at the tonearmbase and adjust the VTA by a setting screw per hand without any additional tool. Easy and super fast!
• Non magnetic low resonance construction
• Fits low to high cartridge mass, including 32gr. SPU
• High rigidity aluminium headshell (12gr) with built-in fingerlift included, allows 1/2 inch cartridge mount
• High conductivity OFC headshell cables included
• Azimuth adjustment with screw on side
• Built-in 5-pin DIN connector (tonearm cable not included)
• High gloss finish
• Measure it, Alignment + Mounting distance tools included
• Delivered in exclusive wooden jewel box
• Optional headshells available: Wood (8gr) & Carbon (10gr)
SRP: € 1990,00